Saturday, December 12, 2009

Working Man

Working and bringing home the check that makes the housepayment and helps with some of the other bills, I find myself reflecting on the pleasures of working- and the pleasures of NOT working! Alas, in that reflection comes the notion that even though I am at an age where retirement should be looming within the future, it isn't. My income will continue to be needed. And not the paltry sum which is called Social Security.

I am the master of my ship, the captain of my soul. (invictus) How true is it or not?

As a working man, I find the pleasure of home and hearth are considerably more worthy than not having such! People refuse to work and so they panhandle. Those who want more from life than a streetcorner, find ways and groups who help them to get back on their feet. Who is on the street and wants off?

I may be a bit quick to judgment and don't mean to be. That may have sounded hard and callous, but I really don't mean to be. Actually I wonder, how can we as a society help keep people off the streets who do not want to be there? I don't know. By God's grace, we can make donations whenever we can, to those groups and organizations who can do something. In this respect, we can make a difference!

I am a working man and I don't want that to change.

But I know that there is a difference between those happily employed- and those who are emloyed but are unhappy! I keep hearing that you can find the job that won't feel like a job- that you should do what you love- and the money will follow!

So what do you love? What do you love SO MUCH that it would not feel like work to you, every day??

Now THAT is THE question!

No comments: